Indian railways hold one of the biggest recruitment examinations for which around 2 crore candidates apply every year. Getting a job in Indian Railways is a dream for everyone and the opportunity is given to everyone from those who have passed class 10th / 12th to those who have completed graduation. Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is responsible for conducting examinations for Railway Protection Force (RPF), RRB ALP, and Technician posts. If you are applying for the RPF constable and RRB ALP exam, then you can check the tips and tricks provided on this page for preparation.
The very first step to prepare is to know the exam pattern and syllabus for the RPF exam and RRB ALP. Going through the pattern and syllabus of the exam will help you prepare a preparation strategy. Both the exams have different recruitment processes and different exam patterns. This is how your preparation should go to the Railway Recruitment exam.
For the section-wise preparation strategy for the RPF Constable exam, you may see the tips as provided below:
1. For this section, aspirants may focus on topics like Art & Culture, Science, Sports, Economics, History, Geography, etc. You may make notes for each of the sections as you are preparing for this section. This will also come in handy at the time of revision. The best
2. To study for General Awareness, you may take help from textbooks of matric (class 10th) level.
3. Practice previous year question papers which will help you to identify the type of questions asked in the exam.
1. In order to prepare for this section, you must get your basic concepts clear first of all.
2. Remember important arithmetic formulas, values, etc and you may also write them down.
3. When practicing for each topic, identify the topics which you find easy or difficult.
4. Practice for this section by attempting mock tests, previous year papers.
5. Remember there is never enough practice for this section. Hence, keep your practice level high and it is best advised that you should study from limited resources only.
General Intelligence and Reasoning
1. This section is comparatively easy in comparison to the other two sections.
2. Learn the shortcuts and tactics to solve puzzles and tricky questions.
3. Solve mock tests as much as possible and analyze your performance as you are solving it. Analyse the topics which you find difficult and work more towards them.
4. It has been observed that sometimes new questions are also asked in this section, hence, you must try solving new types of questions from General Intelligence and Reasoning.
RRB ALP exam has three stages – Stage 1 is a computer-based test (CBT), Stage II is second stage CBT, Stage III is CBAT. Those who are going to appear for the RRB ALP exam may check the preparation tips as provided below.
1. The computer-based test (CBT) consists of MCQ type questions from topics like Basic Science, Mathematics, General Intelligence & Reasoning, etc.
2. It is important that you should complete the entire syllabus within the scheduled time.
3. Study from fundamental books, basically which are relevant and as suggested by subject experts.
4. It is best advised that aspirants should prepare for the exam as per the syllabus only.
5. Candidates must practice through mock tests as they complete each section. This will not only help them to analyze topics on which they need to work but will also help them to understand the difficulty level of the exam.
6. Solve previous year papers as much as possible.
7. The mathematics section in RRB ALP is designed to trick candidates, however, if your concepts are clear and you are familiar with the pattern, you can then easily attempt this section.