Secure Your Bright Future By Learning How To Secure The Internet!
As the world becomes more and more technically advanced, it also needs much more online protection. Cybersecurity has become a necessity in today’s world. As more and more critical transactions are being made online, the need for cybersecurity and stricter cyber laws is rising. Cybersecurity is for the internet, what antivirus software is for your computer system. It protects online services from getting disrupted or misdirected and prevents data theft and software or hardware damage. Cybersecurity is a good practice for all networks as it makes netizens have some restrictions to follow while accessing the internet.
PGD in Cyber Security:
- There may be an entrance exam and some criteria for the candidates to get an admission in a PG Diploma in Cyber Security course.
- Duration – generally, the postgraduate diploma courses for cybersecurity take around a year to complete, depending on the syllabus and schedule.
- Fee Structure – depending on the course and institute, fee Structure varies. Generally, the fee for such courses is in the range of 90K to 1.5L.
- Depending on the accessibility, the classes can be both online and offline during the course.
- Syllabus – Every course has a different schedule and syllabus. Most PG Diploma in Cyber Security courses includes cybersecurity fundamentals, cyber-attacks, programming fundamentals, application security, network security, cloud security, etc.
Job profiles for a PG Diploma in Cyber Security candidate:
- Cybersecurity specialist – A cybersecurity specialist deals with firewalls, spyware, malware detection, and intrusion detection systems.
- Cybercrime analyst – Cyber Crime analysts investigate and counter the activities of hackers and malicious software.
- Incident analyst – An incident analyst diagnoses and reports network-related events or issues.
- Cybersecurity analyst – The cyber threats are detected, managed, and prevented by cybersecurity analysts with different technologies and techniques.
- Penetration and vulnerability tester – Penetration and vulnerability testers manually check if the system is weak and test it to see to what degree the system is vulnerable.
- Cybersecurity administrator – The organisation’s security system is installed, administered, and maintained by a cybersecurity administrator.
- Cybersecurity Engineer – A cybersecurity engineer performs penetration testing and security assessments.
- Cyber Security architect – A cybersecurity architect designs, creates and maintains the security system in an organisation.
Fields that a PG Diploma in Cyber Security candidate can work in are:
- Software development
- System engineering
- Financial and risk analysis
- Security intelligence
The PG Diploma in Cyber Security course will cover the decided syllabus within schedule. In the course, there may be some internal assessments with assignments or worksheets. There will most likely be a project at the end of the course schedule. This project will provide candidates with hands-on experience in the industry and how they are supposed to implement their knowledge so far in real life. At the end of the schedule, there will be an exam or a test that will get the candidates to know how much they have learned in the course and where they need to improve themselves. After the examination, there will be a certification process. Candidates will get a certificate in most courses which they can later use for their job applications.
The PG Diploma in Cyber Security course will help a candidate brighten their career. As almost any educational background is allowed to take this course, many candidates will change their careers and achieve more success with such a challenging yet exciting field.